Wednesday 26 September 2012

Vintage Travel Mid week motivation

Hello every one it's Suzi b here and its my turn to provide the mid week motivation.
I thought I'd have a go at making tissue tape using masking tape. OK so masking tape isn't tissue paper, but it could do a similar job!  Lets have a go.

I wanted to make  mail art using this envelope but off course being a vintage theme I needed to cover the red lettering. I covered it firstly with two layers of masking tape that had been blended over with DI Vintage Photo and Tea Die. I then did the same to a third piece of masking tape and over stamped with a vintage travel map stamp.
This is how it looked before I peeled  the tape off the craft mat
Close up
The finished envelope is much more grungy than I intended so it's Steam Punk Vintage Travel !
Have a go at using masking tape to make your own tissue tape.. then it can be any colour any theme. 
 I've no idea what other people use when making tissue tape
 perhaps I'll pop across to You Tube to find out.

I've been having a play!
Sorry :o(  lots of pictures 

Products/ method
SU Whisper White applied to tape.
SU Rollergraph. Impress: Old Rose
*****
Adirondack: Snow Cap applied to tape.
CB lace stamped in Archival black
******



White acrylic paint (from Home and Bargain ) stippled to give texture

Images stamped with Archival Jet black


*****

Adirondack Mushroom blended onto tape. Butterflies stamped with Versafine Onyx Black

 Have fun, I did :o)
 xx Suzi b xx











4 comments:

  1. A stunning piece of mail art Suzi and your faux tissue tape experiments all look just fabulous.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love our faux tissue paper idea, got to give that a try. A super mid week motivation. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lace tape is gorgeous.
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous idea Suzi and the tapes you have made look great. Perfect for covering up the red word on your superbly finished envelope.
    I use that thin tape you buy at chemists for going round bandages etc. It works quite well.
    Hope you have had a good weekend.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete

Who would like to see their card on Facebook? Just like our page, enter the challenge and wait and see! Our Facebook badge is in the side bar.